Monday, February 12, 2007

Chapter 5 -- first 14 pages

First fourteen pages of chapter 5/6. I decided to just go and pencil the last couple chapters before heading into inks. Hopefully it'll save me some time in the end. After watching Kazu use yellow printouts of his layouts and penciling over them in blue, I decided to try doing something similar. I layout the compositions for several pages now using blue pencils (rough figure and balloon placement), then go back and pencil in regular lead. I don't know if it's actually saving me any time, but it definitely saves me on the stress. It takes some of the thinking away from the process, like soaping up all the dishes before going in to rinse. Silly metaphor, but it's the only one I could think of right now. >_<

I've been meaning to do a picture of Ellon, too, so click the thumbnail to see a little pic I did on the Cintiq last night (yes, I was thinking of Howl!):


No comments:

Post a Comment