Tuesday, January 3, 2006

Started Flight Thumbnails

This is a panel from the third page of my Flight 4 entry, "food from the sea". I struggled with this for a while because I was going to try and mimick that sort of miyazaki/watercolor/sketch look. After much failure, however, I realized I shouldn't use my comics as practice grounds and decided to just do what I usually do instead. This is working out much better and I'm having so much more fun! XD It's a silly thing to realize, but I don't keep a sketch book and I barely ever "practice" anything because I don't have too much interest in the craft itself... I'm too focussed on story and storytelling, which is good because that's what interests me the most but I should expand my repetoire through practice somehow and stop just plowing forward via the comics medium hoping it'll come out okay. I guess this means I don't make a very good student. I dunno. Either way, I'm having a blast with this, it's such a breath of fresh air after focussing on romantic comedy for the last year. ::dizzy::

If you'd like to read the first three thumbnails of my flight entry, just click here:

Food From The Sea page 1

Food From The Sea page 2

Food From The Sea page 3

No comments:

Post a Comment