Monday, October 24, 2005

S&S progress plus Royksopp

Above is a panel from chapter five. Just felt like bloggin' a bit.

I'm about 2/3 done with the chapter, it's turning out pretty awesome! Having read Svet's amazingly fun and fast-paced comic, Dramacon (out in finer bookstores near you!!), I realized as a storyteller I need to stop being afraid of letting bigger events in the story happen. I get so lost in developing the characters I kind of forget that there's an actual story that needs to be told! I feel like it was one of my problems with Reman Myth as well as for the first three chapters of S&S. I guess in the end the stories are working out okay, but it's good to be reminded every once in a while to get that ball rolling! At the same time it is kind of annoying when stories move TOO fast, not leaving enough time to get to know characters, but maybe since I lean too far in the character developement area, feeling like I need to lean towards story beats more will balance out my comics. Thank you, Svet, for the inspiration!

I haven't had much time to work on the S&S section of this site yet to post this, but check it out! My first ever Sorcerers & Secretaries fan art! Thank you, Maddy! =)

By Shadi's recommendation, I've been listening to Royksopp. I really love the general sound of his songs, they sound full of conflict, a little on the edge of urban adventure/drama, and very modern. Nice! I recommend clicking "discography" and listening to the realplayer previews of his songs from his two albums, "Understanding" and "Melody A.M.". I really like "Only This Moment", "In Space", "Eple", "Follow My Ruin", and "Beautiful Day Without You". Really, though, they're all awesome. Really! =)

All right... back to comics I go. More updates on progress n stuff laterz~! ::puts in the royksopp again::

--------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment