Sunday, January 29, 2006

Burbank Anime Fest

Food From The Sea con't:

Page 4 Page 5 Page 6 Page 7

(edit 1/31: Okay now it says it's shipping again (after it said it wasn't shipping for four weeks a few days ago). I dunno why it keeps changing but... well... if you want to order it on amazon.com click here or wait until it's available at your local Barnes & Nobles/Borders in the next week or so~)

Above are the next few pages to my Flight story (first three down here) which I'm working on between projects. It's a great break, and I think it's one of my best so far. I can't wait to ink this sucker!

So today was the Burbank anime fest! It was a cute event with a great showing of at least 200 kids. Thanks to everyone that came out and sat through listening to me and my lovely editor talk about manga/comics/etc.! Thanks also to the awesome librarians that put it together, and to anyone for buying copies of Sorcerers & Secretaries, which incidentally should start popping up in bookstores in the next few days (but gaurunteed to be there at least by Feb. 7th~ sometimes it does take a while though!). It was really cool meeting all of you in the audience, and it makes me so happy so many of you want to draw comics of your own! It just brings back a lot of nostalgia from my old high school days where I used to copy a lot of Takahashi. (well... you have to start somewhere!) :)

Tokyopop also left me with a bunch of books so I'll have some to sell at Alternative Press Expo this year, along with a box of awesome bookmarks they made for S&S (and the Kingdom Hearts comic, I'll give out those bookmarks too! hehe~). It was a nice time~ plus it was just great hanging out with my editor as always. She's a sweetie!

I'm glad to be back home with my Kazu and studio though. Time for some sleep and more comicking tomorrow! We're both getting pretty serious as deadlines are becoming more serious right along with us! >.< Daisy Kutter made it on the ALA's prestigious list of the Best Books For Young Adults 2006?? Argh! He's amazing! Okay. I'll stop gushing now... =P Needless to say, life is still good.

If any of you've bought S&S and read it, please let me know what you thought of it! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment