Friday, January 13, 2006

Preview copy and appearance schedule

Yesterday I dropped by the Tokyopop offices for some writing and chit chat with editors n stuff. Here they gave me a preview copy of Sorcerers & Secretaries book 1, and man... it looks AWESOME! XD I'm soooo happy with it! A year of my life, packed into a little 10 buck book! Hopefully this will be the first of many. It's great because now I can carry the book around for reference instead of my black binder of loose papers >_<

Also it finally lets me know whether or not my panel layouts worked ok for graphic novel form, as well as whether the pacing of the overall story fits for its length. I'm really proud of it and can't wait for it to hit shelves and be available more widely (aside from at the TP offices!). Feels good! =)

And for those who are curious, I posted a list of upcoming places I'll be at for signings/panels/etc. to the left. Click the dates for more information.

Yesterday Kazu and I met some great Japanese illustrators who trekked out here to LA to chill with some drawing board members. They were super nice and had excellent art to boot! Check out some of their amazing stuff:

Marty Ito

Ryuku

No comments:

Post a Comment