Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Back from APE

Ahhh~ back to good ol' Alhambra! Alternative Press Expo in San Fransisco was once again a lovely experience. Thanks to everyone that stopped by the Flight booth. I really wish I had more copies of S&S with me at the time, but I admit that I was unprepared this year. From now on I'm making it a rule: "Plan for APE even if you think you're not going". The Expo itself was loads of fun and relaxing at the same time. It's always wonderful hanging out with the rest of the Flight crew and seeing new work around the convention floor. I feel inspired and refreshed, something that I feel I have to do every once in a while when I'm always staring at paper. There is no better place to do it at than APE!

My pal Becky is also visiting along with her uber-talented beau, Vasilis. It's so awesome to hang out with other comic artists again. As a reminder we'll all be at Nucleus for the signing next Saturday, so I hope to see some of you there! =)

For now I must crash, tomorrow it's back to the drawing board (and I can't wait!).

By the way, check out the review from Comics Worth Reading's Johanna on Sorcerers & Secretaries. I was especially tickled by this quote:

"This book is like gourmet hot chocolate: comforting and relaxing, prepared with great skill, yet with unexpected depth plus a hint of spice to keep the reader from taking it for granted."

By the way, girlslife.com is holding a contest for Sorcerers & Secretaries where you can win a signed copy of the book. Entering instructions from their contests section:

"Five lucky winners will receive an autographed copy of Sorcerers & Secretaries along with an exclusive bookmark. Click here to enter, or send a postcard with your name and address to Sorcerers & Secretaries, GL, 4517 Harford Road, Baltimore, MD 21214 by April 30."

And to "JAKE", I dunno if you read this but thanks for the warning on my forums. -_- I'll fix it when I have the chance (whenever that is!), but for now it'd be nice to have your message taken off my boards so people can just enjoy it and not have to read your warning to me. You couldn've emailed me, too, and it would've worked just as well! =P

No comments:

Post a Comment