Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Baby-Sitter's Club and outline struggles

Raina Telgemeier's adaptation of The Baby-Sitter's Club is available in stores~! She's a fellow SVA-grad and I've been keeping up with her happenings on her livejournal. I'm lucky enough to have seen some preview pages at a comic's festival in Toronto (TCAF), I can't wait to have the finished book in my hands!

I've been writing and re-writing the outline to book 2 of S&S. My first draft was out of character, and as I wrote the scripts something wasn't gelling. So, I scrapped it and started over. The second version is much better, and it's teaching me that if it isn't solid in the outline it's going to be a struggle writing the expanded version. An obvious lesson, but sometimes when I work my nose is too close to the paper to see the overall picture! Can't wait to get to thumbnailing... scripts first though.

No comments:

Post a Comment