Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Reman Mythology -- The Novel


After so many years of trying to figure out where Rema the novel fits and resisting doing what it takes to make it fit somewhere, I realize that I'll never be happy forcing this story into any mold other than what it wants to be. Whether that makes the story better or worse (probably worse!), that's just my relationship with it. It began as my playground, a sanctuary I could escape to where I could just be myself without restraint, and that's all it is. I need that sanctuary, that arena where I could grow without pressure, and sharing it online was such a big part of that.

And so, I'm posting Rema the novel on its own blogspot while I continue to revise and illustrate it. It will no longer be a webcomic, it will be a webnovel. The story is flawed, the plotting is messy, the prose is rough... but it is what it is, and I'm happy to share my sanctuary with anyone who wants to read it.

Go here to read chapter one.

8 comments:

  1. I'll always really love the webcomic version (and I was incredibly happy when it was posted up again) but I'm really excited to read the novel version! Thank you for sharing both versions ^_____^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following the story with me all these years. I hope you enjoy it! :D

      Delete
  2. You have no idea how rediculously happy this makes me (and probably a lot of other people)! It's funny because last night I was up until 2 in the morning talking to a friend of mine reminicing about how awesome life was when we were in high school because so many great web comics were alive and updating. We spent a good amount of time on Rema alone! Nothing online compares to back then. So I cheered merrily when I came by to your blog to check for any updates. I've always been a huge fan of the comic and look forward to reading the novel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were SO many great webcomics back in the day! It was an exciting time. I haven't been keeping up with webcomics of late but you're right in that it's not quite the same. Maybe I'm just being nostalgic. :)

      I hope you'll enjoy the novel! I had fun writing it. It's supposed to be a trilogy so I'm hoping to finish the whole thing online.

      Delete
  3. I only discovered Reman Mythology a day or two ago and I have read it while procrastinating doing my own writing. I was sad to get to the end and find it was unfinished, but I understand: stuff happens. I'm looking forward to checking out the novel version and I'm hoping the story continues past the point where the webcomic ended.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story does continue, but it will take a while to get there. Chapter 31 and up continues where the comic left off (the whole book is 45 chapters). I really can't wait to get to that point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Something to look forward to!

      Delete
  5. I can't believe I Just found this now! I was looking for your art to show a friend the amazing backgrounds did for the comic.

    I have literally waited years for story to continue. I loved the loved the web comic and I know I'm going to love the novel. Remanded got me through some hard times back when you where still doing the comic. I can't wait to drive back in to the world of Reman. Thank you so much for bringing Reman back to life.

    ReplyDelete