Monday, July 16, 2007

Flight 4 and Comic-Con

The preview to Flight Volume 4 is up, and there's reports of the book hittings shelves at Borders and Barnes & Nobles across the country. Volume 4 features stories by myself (my fable called "Food From the Sea"), but also has excellent works from Kazu Kibuishi, Graham Annable, Raina Telgemeier, Dave Roman, Michel Gagne, Sarah Mensinga, Andrea Offerman, Neil Babra, and many many more. It's my personal favorite volume so far, but then again ... every new volume tends to be my favorite! Anyway, check out the preview and order yourself a copy.

OR...

Come and buy one at the Flight booth in San Diego Comic-Con 2007! The booth number is 1128, and will be right across from Random House books. I'll also be doing a couple designated signings at the following times:

Scholastic Book Fair booth -- Saturday, from 2pm-3pm
Flight booth 1128 -- Saturday, from 4pm - 6pm

But as usual, I'm calling the Flight booth my home for the duration of the convention, so if you're there and are looking for me I'll most likely be with them.

added 7/18 --
Also, I'll be participating in this panel on Sunday:

11:30-12:30 -- Kids’ Day Drawing Workshop: Kids’ Cartoon Studio—Watch as six fantastic kid-friendly cartoonists draw their hearts out, right in front of you! Scott Morse (Magic Pickle), George O’Connor (Journey into Mohawk Country), David Nakayama (Marvel Adventures Hulk), Amy Kim Ganter (Sorcerers and Secretaries), Ted Naifeh (Courtney Crumrin), and Nick Bertozzi (Houdini: The Handcuff King) will be showcasing a diversity of styles from manga to superheroes and everything in between. They’ll talk about their backgrounsd and then hit the drawing boards. Moderated by Janna Morishima, Diamond Kids Group. Room 30CDE

Yesterday I wrapped up work on a 10 page short story for the all-Avatar edition of Nickelodeon Magazine. It was a lot of work (so many references!) but it was so much fun. Anytime I see Avatar I'm always reminded of how much I love cartoons and cartooning. Thanks for letting me participate, Nick Mag! The fan girl in me is all giggly. :) I think the magazine comes out in the Fall sometime, but I'm not sure when exactly. When I hear it's on the streets I'll make an announcement.

That's all the news from me for now. See y'all at Comic-Con!


No comments:

Post a Comment