Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Chapter 4 marathon -- continued

And so it resumes! First ten pages of chapter 4 inked. 20 to go. Dunno if I'll be able to go quite as quickly as I did with the pencils, but inking is a nice, relaxing activity (although my hand hurts at the end of the night.)

As for the story, I tried rewriting the last three chapters using an alternate chain of events. I tried to let the characters guide me, allowing them to act the way they wanted as I wrote. The result was completely unhappy, and not what I wanted the ending of S&S to feel like at all. The last version of the script was much better. There are still a couple minor kinks, but I think the basic emotions are spot on. The emotional story that's told is what's most important to me, so I think I'll stick with it for now and continue on the marathon for chapter 4.

I've also been obsessing over a certain show after Lillian suggested it might be on youtube. Sadly, there's only 15 episodes. Luckily, they're all online. Cupid was created by Rob Thomas of Veronica Mars fame, so VM is something I'm really looking forward to finally checking out... someday soon hopefully. =P

No comments:

Post a Comment