Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Life is a bowl of cherries

sometimes making comics feels like this:

but at this very moment, I feel more like this:

It's the first time I spent all day in the house in a while, I kind of forgot what it's like! Things have been busy with travel, guests, and "Food From The Sea". I have nine pages left to color for the beast, then it's back to easy-as-pie black and white S&S! It's taking me forever, but I feel like I'm learning a lot.

Thanks to everyone that stopped by to say hello at Stumptown, Portland was a lot more fun this time around without the pressure put on the city to be the best place to live. It was great seeing everyone, and seeing some of them AGAIN for the amazing 3 Trees/3 Flowers show at Nucleus. The turnout for the show was amazing and I had a wonderful time. Everyone staying at our place and everyone I met at the show (and afterwards) were such sweet and talented people. I still get all mushy when I think about how awesome everyone was and how lucky I am to meet them. I even got to play Mariokart with Tadahiro Uesugi (click the illustration link at the bottom. You won't regret it.)!

It's always bittersweet when new and distant friends come and go, but I'm also grateful for the short time I have to do work before I have to leave for four days to visit family. Hopefully by the time I get back, my wedding dress will be ordered!

Speaking of ordering, everyone should go order Jen Lee Quick's "Off*Beat" Vol. 2. The story just gets better and better! In the mean time, enjoy these photos. Time for some sleep so I can get up early and paint more fish!

click here for pics of Stumptown (courtesy Erika)

click here for pics of the 3 Trees/3 Flowers show (courtesy Vera)

No comments:

Post a Comment