Friday, October 2, 2015

The Raising And Care Of Orlas

I've been posting a series of drawings on my Twitter account the last month or so. It started on a whim. The weather was blustery and the smell of fall was in the air. I missed drawing my character Islen and I missed drawing Rema, so I sketched the first picture. It grew organically, turning into a short story about perseverance. It's my first finished story/comic in a long time, so it felt really great to do it. I'm not sure if it will make sense narratively to anyone but myself, but I hope you enjoy. All images were drawn straight with ballpoint pen on paper. (Special thanks to the folks on Twitter for following along and for your enthusiasm!)
























END



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. It means something to me that she decided to take another box. Not sure if that's what the narrative is supposed to be saying, but it seems like it took her a lot of courage to pick it up again.

    ReplyDelete